Followers

Hypocrites Always Want to Play Innocent XXVII

 (Ken Mehlman: Hypocrite!)

These damn closeted gay Republicans who act against the interests of the LGBT community. When will they ever learn?

This time it's Ken Mehlman, the former Republican party chairman who spearheaded so many initiatives against LGBT individuals it's mind-boggling.  He's come out of the closet now that there's no risk, now that he has no influence, now that he's got no political power.

Mother Jones kind of did all the work for me and compiled the comments of critics who read him for blood.

From Joe. My. God:
Mehlman's crimes against his own people are motherfucking LEGION....We can be sure that GOProud and the Log Cabin Republicans are positively drooling over the prospect of welcoming Mehlman onto their boards of directors. VOMIT.

From Mike Rogers of BlogActive:
I want to hear from Ken that he is sorry for being the architect of the 2004 Bush reelection campaign. I want to hear from Ken that he is sorry for his role in developing strategy that resulted in George W. Bush threatening to veto ENDA or any bill containing hate crimes laws. I want to hear from Ken that he is sorry for the pressing of two Federal Marriage Amendments as political tools. I want to hear from Ken that he is sorry for developing the 72-hour strategy, using homophobic churches to become political arms of the GOP before Election Day. And those state marriage amendments. I want to hear him apologize for every one of those, too.


And then there is one other little thing. You see, while you and I had the horrible feelings of being treated so poorly by our President, while teens were receiving the messaging 'gay is bad' giving them 'permission' to gay bash, while our rights were being stripped away state by state, Ken was out there laughing all the way to the bank. So, if Ken is really sorry, and he very well may be, then all he needs to do is sell his condo and donate the funds to the causes he worked against so hard for all those years. He's done a lot of damage to a lot of organizations, while making a lot of money. A LOT of money. It's time to put his money where his mouth is. Ken Mehlman is sitting in a $3,770,000.00 (that's $3.77 million) condo in Chelsea while we have lost our right to marry in almost 40 states.

THEN, and only then, should Mehlman be welcomed into our community.

In his own defense, Mehlman had this to say:
I can't change the fact that I wasn't in this place personally when I was in politics, and I genuinely regret that. It was very hard, personally.
(Translation: Do you know how much fucking money I made by selling you dykes, fags and trannies down the river for the Bush administration? Shit! And all I had to do was keep my dick-riding activities on the hush? That was a small price to pay. And you activist bitches wanted mess with my money because of some tired fucking principles? Fuck you!)

Yeah. Fuck you too, Mehlman.

Hypocritical bastard.