Followers

Ambrosia

Marsha Ambrosius, formerly of Floetry
In a courageous and unprecedented artistic show, singer Marsha Ambrosius tackles homophobia in the black community with her latest music video entitled, "Far Away."  Well-written and smartly produced, it was directed by Julius Erving III, son of the NBA legend.

Ambrosius told the Associated Press:

My shows and my audience is predominantly gay. I've been approached by many who've said my music has influenced them and we'll speak about experiences that they've had. It's just only right that I give that voice back.

In the epilogue of the video, she writes:

Dear Friends:

Every year over one million people commit suicide. Some were bullied because of their sexuality. I lost a friend to suicide, and I’m asking all of you to support alternative lifestyles. Don’t put up with or join in with bullying. It’s time we become more aware in this world. Take responsibility to make a difference. So if my music can save one life, I’ve done my job. I love you all so much.

- Marsha


Let's hope BET is as brave as Ambrosius and puts this video on heavy rotation.