Followers

Hung Up...

Do you know anyone whose bullshit you put up with simply because of your infatuation and/or relationship with that person? I think there's a certain level of things we're willing to accept (and dish out) for the sake of a relationship.
Not just an intimate one either, this can be a family and friends.

The good thing is that I haven't been "hung up" on any one particular guy for quite some time now... Sure I have my "crushes" but since I've been "doing me", I've noticed my academics are getting back where they were, I'm much more consistent in my Church, and I've even done some "soul searching".

...blah blah blah...

I said all of that to say: I'M READY TO GET BACK IN THE GAME!

And boy o boy, there a few guys I would love to beat the high score with...

1. Lance-- we've known each other since what, 3rd grade I think? After I moved back up North, we reconnected and have been kicking it with each other off and on since then. Nothing major, just small stuff like meet up at the Mall or grab a bite to eat or something. I've never "tried anything" with him because I really have a genuine love and care for our friendship-- I'd hate for something like that to ruin what we have. He's actually in a pretty happy and healthy relationship with this chick for about 2 years now... He's always trying to "hook me up" with her sister or her cousin and whatnot; eh, I appreciate the concern... And it's stuff like that which painfully reminds me that not only is Lance straight, but also completely oblivious to the fact that I love his life... *sighs*


2. Brother "T" from Church-- Wow, we've definitely had our adventures together. As our Pastor's assistants, we travel with him during the Summer to preaching engagements out of town. On one particular trip to Detroit, "T" and I had to share a hotel room (perfect ingredients for a disaster, right?). He slept in the bed and I slept on the Futon (did I spell that right?). What you need to know is that I love "T" like a brother. In my heart of hearts, even if something ever did "spark" between us, I wouldn't move on it because it'd feel so weird. But we have this natural chemistry that attracts us to each other; we "get" each other, you know? Hell, while writing this very post, we're Instant Messaging on Facebook about the most random shit... We always have small talk like that...

3. Quentin-- I have tried all my "moves" on him but this negro won't budge! We've had maaaaaddddd conversations about deep, prolific subjects (he's such a Black Panther...) and I'm a complete SUCKER (pun intended) for the Hot Nerd. And to top it all off, he just got this CUTE ASS nose piercing just like his favorite rapper/poet Tupac. I love a guy who is confident in his own abilities, knows where he's headed in life, and has his own "swag" (style). He's all that and then some-- but if he's not straight (which I don't think he totally is), I've accepted the fact that he's "just not into me like that". His loss, right? ....


I'm rambling because I have to make it to this event at Church in a few minutes; but I just wanted to get this off my chest and let the world know that I'm looking for a good old fashioned Summer Love! We'll meet at a beach or some fancy-shmancy place in the Hamptons, exchange numbers, "hook up" a few times, hang out, and lose touch as the Fall approaches...

*sighs* no, I'm kidding about that last paragraph, but still...

(p.s. I get plenty of Ass, but damn... I'm ready to find a bonafide Top...) but that's another post...

Enjoy the pics!



Listen to Hung Up (by Madonna) while reading this post; it's my ish! (don't judge me!)

Random thought: does the title of my post have anything to do with the content? 


Capricornaries@hotmail.com

--Cogito (excuze the typos!)