Followers

WHAT IF...? THE STRANGE THING ABOUT THE JOHNSONS


















I came across this movie via my blog brother Zee Jai's blog and I HAD to post this to the blog. This movie TOTALLY blew me away and answer a question that was on my mind for years and I hope you leave asking yourself What if...?





The Johnsons are an attractive, well-to-do,
upper-middle class family. Sidney, husband and father, is a famous poet, known
and adored for his kindness and sensitivity. Joan, wife and mother, is a
dutiful housewife, an obsessive homemaker and the life of every party. Their son,
Isaiah, is a charismatic young man who has just gotten married to an equally
appealing young woman. In fact, there is only one thing that separates the
Johnsons from their charming friends and neighbours: Isaiah, the son, has been
molesting Sidney, the father, since he was fifteen years old. And what's more,
Sidney has written a memoir that chronicles, in great detail, the ins-and-outs
of this unseemly father-son relationship. 'The Strange Thing About The
Johnsons' is a dark satire of the domestic melodrama, which asks "What
if...?" and then for some reason comes up with an answer.